New Thread

Notifications

Subscribe You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.

Do you view art as a competition?

Ask PanelJam • Asked 3 months ago by jamdaddy

Profile picture for the comic artist, jamdaddy jamdaddy Mod Commented on Jul 12, 2019

How do you view your journey as an artist? Is it collaborative, competitive, or neither?

Profile picture for the comic artist, Ramora Ramora Commented on Jul 14, 2019

Usually neither, I enjoy drawing in solitude most of the time, but competition with artist at same-ish level can be loads of fun and usefull for rapid improvement.
Collab needs more social skills, flexibility and patience.. good skills to have, but interaction with others is usually too exhausting for me.

Profile picture for the comic artist, Plutomics Plutomics Commented on Jul 15, 2019

Both and neither simultaneously.

Profile picture for the comic artist, kurocartoonist kurocartoonist Commented on Jul 15, 2019

Both collaborative and competitive, there comes a times you do it just to give a person a push, you're not serious about the project but they can't do it without a little motivation...

then sometimes is can be bad too because after you give an inch they want the whole yard too

Profile picture for the comic artist, NegaPosi NegaPosi Commented on Jul 23, 2019

i just draw for the fun of it. i don't compete or collab with others. i like to do my thing and show them what i've done.

Profile picture for the comic artist, Delete Delete Commented on Jul 29, 2019

To answer the title, def not.

Profile picture for the comic artist, HiveMind HiveMind Commented on Oct 09, 2019

Neither