New Thread

Notifications

Subscribe You’re not receiving notifications from this thread.

Hello!

General • Asked 5 days ago by SluggishFella

Profile picture for the comic artist, SluggishFella SluggishFella Commented on Dec 02, 2019

Hi! I just joined yesterday!
And i have to say it's super fun being here! I've always looked for something like this and never realized! So i just wanna thank the devs for this amazing site if only i could support you guys with moneyzz...
And uhhm... I'm not your tipical fancy artist! But i still try i suppose! Wanna let you know that i have a really shaky hand so yeah apologize before"hand". That could be the reason of my wacky drawings. Also i'm not sure for as what the rules are, didn't seem to find ones in the FAQ; Rules for example that i've come from other sites are like: Don't draw your OC (Original character, or like the character you use in your profile) as it counts as Derail : Derail being changing the whole context in this case the panneling for example have someone i don't know drinking a soda and then randomly insert shrek or something hahaha. One being ehm the best example wich would be drawception that has plenty of rules but yeah both Drawception & Paneljam are completely different and unique to each other but just want to know if there gives things like that... Well for now it's kinda obvious that you just go with the flow but just wanted to know if there gives like rules and stuff!
Want to be as respectuf as i can! Oh... also i'm really bad at expresing myself so yeah... Do ask question if i'm not coming out clear.

Profile picture for the comic artist, jamdaddy jamdaddy Mod Commented on Dec 02, 2019

Welcome! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the site :)

My name is Matthew (or JamDaddy) and this is a passion project that I've been dreaming up and growing for a while now. As a solo developer, financial support helps me keep the lights on, but that doesn't mean that money is the only way to support PanelJam.

You can always:
- Share PanelJam with your friends and communities
- Follow us on Instagram
- Keep making art, and be a friendly member of our community!

As far as rules go, we keep it pretty simple:
- Don't derail. That doesn't mean "DON'T" draw your OC's, but use your best judgement. Do your best to keep the flow of the jam going. Sometimes your OC might work, but often it might not.
- The same goes for pop culture references. There's a lot of cultures and fandoms out there, so try to be mindful when making references. If it's not too obscure, go ahead, but make sure to add some explanation in your panel's note to help out the next artist.
- All skill levels are welcome. What isn't welcome, are all effort levels. If you're clearly putting no time into your panels, and continue to do so after you've been warned, you may be banned. (Unless you're drawing Speedy Jams, of course).

If you have any questions or suggestions, I'm always happy to chat.

Happy Jamming,
Matthew (JamDaddy)

Profile picture for the comic artist, SluggishFella SluggishFella Commented on Dec 02, 2019

@jamdaddy Mod
I see! Thanks for clearying that out! Defenelty will be sharing with friends hope they join! ^^
Defenetly a pretty cool site and also quite beyond the scope i'll try to share it around.
For now i don't have a question well maybe one but idk : Will there be a stabilizer? Like i said i have a really shaky hand, But it doesn't matter that much i'm kinda used to it anyways... Used a program that was called Silky Shark stabilizer to help me with it but it seems to have stop working for some reason to me. Either way i'm glad to hear so soon about your reply! Hehe
Anyways thanks! i'll think of something maybe later.

Profile picture for the comic artist, jamdaddy jamdaddy Mod Commented on Dec 02, 2019

At the moment, I won't be making any major changes to the drawing tools on the website. Instead, I'll be spending 2020 turning PanelJam into a native mobile app :)

Profile picture for the comic artist, SluggishFella SluggishFella Commented on Dec 03, 2019

Oooh that sounds awesome! Even better in those times i can't reach the pc xd or when i get to travel again.
That's actually good to hear, Hope for all the best!

Profile picture for the comic artist, General dimitri General dimitri Commented on Dec 04, 2019

You are cool and awesome we can be friends and do lots of funny

Profile picture for the comic artist, SluggishFella SluggishFella Commented on Dec 04, 2019

@General_dimitri
Aw, how sweet of you. ^^
I'm not that good at memes but guess i can try!

Profile picture for the comic artist, Fathur Fathur Commented on Dec 05, 2019

@SluggishFella

Welcome to panel jam! (I'm a new member too btw). It's been a lot of fun since you're here, your panels are wonderful, some ongoing jams that I couldn't figure out what to draw were done beautifully in your "shaky" hand.

Profile picture for the comic artist, jamdaddy jamdaddy Mod Commented on Dec 05, 2019

@Fathur

Glad to have you here! Do you mind if I ask how you found PanelJam? :)

Profile picture for the comic artist, SluggishFella SluggishFella Commented on Dec 05, 2019

@Fathur
Why thank you! Welcome to you too! heh! You draw amazing already a fan of your work!
weeell... as i mentioned before i'm kinda used to my shaky hand so i have my ways to kinda control it but still my lines look overlap and sloppy but hey! guess doesn't matter that much glad you like some of my panels! xd

Profile picture for the comic artist, Fathur Fathur Commented on Dec 06, 2019

@jamdaddy Mod

I think I googled "Drawing comic online" or "Online drawing game"

Profile picture for the comic artist, SluggishFella SluggishFella Commented on Dec 06, 2019

@fathur
@jamdaddy

LOL me too! I used other websites like drawception and draw&guess but there was one i found rather interesting wich was called aggio.io or something like it to draw with other people at the same time but it was a bit weird getting people join my server xd so i googled i think alternatives to some online drawing games and i found this one! :P

Profile picture for the comic artist, General dimitri General dimitri Commented on Dec 06, 2019

@jamdaddy
Drooodle.com was the previous site I used.